Red Star Premier Blanc (Champagne) Yeast
- Red Star Premier Blanc (formerly called: Pasteur Champagne or Pasteur Blanc)
- This strain has been widely used in the U.S. since 1968
- Strong fermenter with good ethanol tolerance
- Will readily ferment grape musts and fruit juices to dryness
- Recommended for restarting stuck fermentations
- Good tolerance to free sulfur dioxide
|1-9 items||$0.85 / each|
|10 or more items||$0.65 / each||save 24%|
Red Star Premier Blanc (formerly called: Pasteur Champagne or Pasteur Blanc) (Davis 595), a strain of Saccharomyces bayanus, has been derived from a pure culture slant of the Institut Pasteur in Paris. This strain has been widely used in the U.S. since 1968. It is a strong fermenter with good ethanol tolerance, and will readily ferment grape musts and fruit juices to dryness. This strain also has good tolerance to free sulfur dioxide. This strain is recommended for all white wines, some reds and for fruit juices. Although this yeast is somewhat flocculant, it is not commonly used for sparkling wine. Pasteur Champagne has been recommended by several sources for restarting stuck fermentations.
May 27, 2022, 11:25:55 AM
I used this in fermenting muscadine wine and when I bottled it it blows the corks out. What am I doing wrong?May 31, 2022, 09:34:17 AM
Corks pop out because of bottling wine too early and it is continuing to ferment in the bottle.
Customers who bought this product also bought